THIS VIDEO IS EVERYTHING
THERE IS NOTHING I WANT TO DO MORE THAN A CHOREOGRAPHED GROUP DANCE IN SNK COSPLAY.
Ahaha….I got a lot of new followers so I thought I might post some of the art I’ve drawn during the past fed months.
Dear anyone responsible for a work of fantasy fiction,
This is how you warrior.
My kill la kill shoes c:
what the fuck
if i ever neglect to reblog this assume i’m dead
I made a playlist/mix thing called ★NIGHT
People don’t always know the right way to talk to artists … so I made a guide. There’s a lot more I could have added, but these are the basics.
Some artists will draw your OC for free, but make sure that they are okay with doing that before asking. Otherwise, you’re being rude.
Seriously, don’t put yourself down to compliment others. That just puts them in an awkward position and stunts the goodness of yourself as well.
HEY GUYS THIS IS A REALLY IMPORTANT ART REF
As much as I would love to try different perspectives and stuff, I have absolutely no sense of depth.
Armor Design Game!
Click and drag each square to get your combination!
Some may be weirder than others but work with it! Make something unique! Make something with a story!
if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!
(also i’d love to see what you come up with! just tag it ‘armor design game’)
okay guys someone the other day asked for a bow tutorial so here it is! :> I hope it is helpful.
It’s not exactly the most precise archery information but I included what was relevant in terms of actually drawing—and remember as always, references are great in addition to looking through tutorials
am I even qualified enough to make a tutorial? oh well it was fun
Tumblr made them weeny but the magnifying glass will take you to full view
There’s always space for yet another armor tutorial, right? (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Note that the armor I drew would be worn around 15th century, the more into the future the less and less components knight’s armor had (i. e. in early 14th century instead of greaves a knight would wear long boots only; in 12th century knights didn’t wear plate breastplates and instead a chain mail only). Also the design of armor pattern changed by year and was different in every country (i.e. in eastern Europe armors, while still looking European, were heavily influenced by Turkey). so just make sure you always do research whenever drawing an armor. And one more thing to keep in mind is that armors were expensive, knights wearing a full plate armor weren’t an often sight.
Some links that may be useful:
- Armour Archive (I strongly suggest to browse its forum, there is no country or period of which armor wouldn’t be discussed)
- Therion Arms (armorer’s page; each accessory is photographed in big resolution and several time so it’s a nice page to use as reference for drawing)
- Revival Clothing (another store, but both with medieval clothing and armors; I suggest to read the articles, they’re often supported with pictures)
- Basic Armouring:A Practical Introduction to Armour Making (pdf)
- Educational Charts (pdf, shows how armors and weapons changed over the years)
- Medieval & Renaissance Material Culture (actual medieval resources, mostly paintings. And my favourite subpage - women in armor)
- Dressing in Steel (youtube; a demonstration how to dress in armor)
- How shall a man be armed? (youtube; another demonstration but with 4 different knights from different periods)